Township Clerk

Township Clerk

Township Clerk
856.845.4004, extension 177
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.

The Municipal Clerk’s Office is the repository for all Township resolutions and ordinances passed by the governing body and the minutes of all Township Committee meetings. The Clerk acts as the Administrative Officer of all elections and is the issuing authority for various licenses and registrations such as liquor licenses, bingo, raffle and carnival licenses, one-day social affair licenses, and limousine and landlord registrations.

Voter Information
Voter registration forms, change of name and address forms, party declaration forms, and vote by mail ballot request forms may be obtained from the Clerk’s Office.

  • Must be 18 years of age and a citizen of the United States.
  • Registration of new voters is required prior to 21 days preceding the election.
  • Primary elections are held on the Tuesday following the first Monday in June.
  • General elections are held on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November.
  • Polls are open from 6:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.

All registered voters will receive a sample ballot the week before the election. PRINTED ON THE FRONT OF THIS SAMPLE BALLOT NEXT TO YOUR ADDRESS WILL BE YOUR VOTING DISTRICT AND POLLING PLACE.

West Deptford Polling Places

Bingo/Raffle Information
Various organizations in the Township conduct bingo and raffle games during the year. Organizations must apply and receive a Legalized Games of Chance Identification Number from the State of New Jersey before applying to the Clerk’s Office to conduct a bingo or raffle game. Please refer to the web site: to download an application for an identification number and other application forms for bingo and raffle games. Once an identification number is received from the state, an organization can apply to the township for a license to conduct a bingo or raffle. In addition, the Member in Charge of the Game of Chance must have a background check completed prior to approval being granted for any bingo or raffle. BACKGROUND CHECK INSTRUCTIONS These applications must then be approved by the Township Committee, which meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month, and then sent to the state for their approval.

Requests for Access to Government Records:
The Township Clerk serves as Municipal Custodian of Records and is the official to whom requests for access to government records are made in accordance with the New Jersey Open Public Records Act (OPRA).

Open Public Request Form

Landlord Registration
A landlord in New Jersey must register certain information with the clerk of the municipality where the rental property is located. New Jersey state law reads that if you are going to take a tenant into court for eviction and you have not registered with the municipality in which the dwelling is located, the court has no legal power to evict a tenant until the landlord has complied with the law.

Landlord Registration Form